Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year New Possibilities

Belen Mesa, New Mexico
-Community and Connection-

After a bit of a hiatus, Sun Herbal Blog is up and running with new energy and new opportunities! Our plant world is sleeping in the high desert of New Mexico, which makes it a wonderful time to research, study and create medicines from plants collected last summer and fall. It's also a time to slow down and look at the array of possibilities that are given to all of us.

I am presented with an amazing opportunity that I believe will, not only benefit me, but my entire community, as well. I feel it will impact my community online, friends and family, in New Mexico, SW Colorado and beyond. I have been invited to study with the Shipibo Indian Tribe of the Northern Amazon in Peru. They are masters of the natural world, live in harmony with the jungle and have done so for many generations. They are master herbalists, artists and have a heart for the connection that ancient wisdom brings to all of humanity.

I was chosen from across the globe as one of 12 participants on this Expedition. I am one of 3 Americans that will be in this village during May/June of this year. The Children of the Sun Foundation will be facilitating this journey as part of their mission to bring connection and healing to this planet.
Children of the Sun Foundation
I will be shown the plants and the preparations of herbal medicines of the Amazon jungle as well as be trained as a Group Facilitator, to bring this information back with me to community.

The Shipibos have graciously agreed to share their wisdom with us. The Children of the Sun Foundation is helping to provide funding to create the only hospital for the Northern Amazon region. I have the privilege to be a part of this vision. I am asking you, as my community, to be a part of this also. I am raising funds for this expedition and also, I am asking for your prayers, and your talents for this to happen for our community. To date, I have already had about a dozen wonderful souls that have partnered with me on this adventure, and we are only beginning!

In exchange for financial donations I will be offering many opportunities for you. I am offering herbal medicines and salves, herb walks this spring in the Los Lunas Bosque and on the Belen Mesa. There is also the possibility of a salve making class! I will be sending personal updates for all partners, as well as local presentations upon my return. For everyone involved online I will be creating an online book to access.

I want to thank you all in advance for your time, your donations and your love, for making this a reality, and giving me the chance to be of service to you and all our community!

If you are moved in your heart to be a part of this vision, please email me through Facebook, or at
sunherbal.nm@gmail.com    More details will follow....

Los Lunas Petroglyphs, New Mexico

And I promise I WILL tell you what that pesky plant commonly called a Goat-head can be used for!



No comments:

Post a Comment